Hi my name's Umaid Abbasi and I'm a Software Developer based in Ottawa. I've always enjoyed working with computers and learning about new technologies. I enjoy working with open source projects and hope to make a valuable contribution to one in the future.
Besides technology my passions/interests include rock climbing, weight training, cycling, cooking and coffee.
I'm currently a Automation and System Integration Engineer at Ciena. I am hoping to build a complete devops pipeline to enable us to automate the deployment of VNFs ( Virtual Network Functions) on the edge of modern networks.
Shifting from telecommunications to infotainment systems, I was a automation test developer working for Ford Motor Company under the connected vehicles division. Where I created test cases to verify Ford's implementation of gRPC and a proprietary token solution based on OAuth 2.0 , once created I automated these tests using the Slash Framework and Python.
- Python, including various frameworks such as Flask
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Proficient in Linux systems, including automated building/deployment of VMs
- Various Virtualization technologies such as OpenStack/KVM
- Strong understanding of Network Technologies and various Protocols
- Proficient in Gitlab CI/CD, including setting up a CI/CD from scratch. This webpage is built using Gitlab CI/CD
- Algorithmic dashboards
- Participated In a Nokia Hackathon to build a AI driven dashboard.
- Based on what other users view, the application will recommend popular reports based on your user role.
- My role was to build the API using Flask to connect the backend and front end.
- Buzzer Redirect tool
- Simple script that runs in the cloud, uses Twilio to redirect my buzzer to my cell phone as my building does not support long distance calls.